Prior to her experience with the Commonwealth, Ms. Brien worked as a commercial real estate agent and a site selector for national retail chains where she researched and negotiated development opportunities for her clients. Leading up to her experience as a real estate agent, Ms. Brien was a Transportation Planner for a Regional Planning Agency, providing her with experience in accessing state and federal grant programs as well as a foundation in community planning and development.
Combining real estate with community development and planning, Roberta brings a comprehensive awareness of project management to the WBDC.
– Facilitated the closing and re-use of large former hospital properties inclusive of hundreds of acres, multiple parties of interest, aged facilities, environmental contamination, historical designations, and sensitive political issues,
– Oversight of the redevelopment of 20 Franklin Street into academic and business incubator space,
– Manage and direct the financing of projects utilizing strategies including new market tax credits, historic tax credits, conventional financing, and state and federal grants,
– Oversight of the on-going development of WBDC owned properties, and
– Generate and oversee Fee-for-Service contracts for private developers, institutions, and municipalities by assisting in creating mixed use developments, industrial parks, and industrial subdivision roads, expansion and relocation, acquisition and asset management.