Mr. Carkin has a BSE in Civil Engineering from University of Lowell. He has worked on a variety of projects such as remediation of the Three Mile Island Nuclear Power Plant, demolition and remediation of trash incinerators, and landfill closures along with sanitary sewer design and construction projects.
Prior to joining the WBDC, Bill worked for Hoyle, Tanner and Associates Inc. as a Project Manager and Senior Construction Supervisor.
Some of Bill’s recent experience includes:
– Provided environmental construction oversight for multimillion dollar site remediation for Medical City project in Worcester, Massachusetts
– Provided design and resident inspection for $12 million sanitary sewer installation for the Cherry Valley Sewer District in Leicester, Massachusetts
– Project manager for the demolition and remediation of the former Johnson Steel and Wire factory in Worcester, Massachusetts
– Provided design and construction oversight to construct bimodal container transportation facility
– Provided geotechnical and survey reports to the Providence and Worcester Railroad in order to establish double stack rail car clearance for bridges along rail line from Worcester, Massachusetts to Providence, Rhode Island
– Provided inspection and oversight services for parking garage, roadway and building construction at the Gateway project in Worcester, Massachusetts
– Provided inspection and oversight services to the renovation of The Hanover Theatre for the Performing Arts in Worcester, Massachusetts